I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation to everyone who has supported me. I was going to do a play by play of the day I came out of the “medium closet” at the Darkside in Riverside. Instead, I decided to thank my friends and family who took time out of their busy lives to be there for me. Here’s the list and some pics of a day I will never forget.
1. Kim M. : Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity and the forum to finally say out loud the I am the OC Spiritualist. You and your team were so gracious and amazing to deal with. Also, I am blessed to call you and Patty my friends.
2. Mom & Dad: Thank you for being there for me the entire weekend. I know the event was not your thing, but you showed up to support me and show you believe in me and my abilities. That means more than words can say. I love you both very much.
3. Tonia & Dave: You really know how to make a girl feel loved. You just showed up for me. I didn’t have to ask. You just did it. My heart is full. Also, thank you for making sure you were with me and we celebrated the moment the clock struck twelve and it was officially my 50th birthday. I will never forget being in our PJ’s, eating crappy food, drinking expensive champagne, and listening to machine gun fire on the streets below in Riverside. Love you both!!
4. Diane & John: Thank you for coming out to support me! More than once! You came to Riverside for the Darkside and to my boutique for tree lighting night. Again, you just showed up!! You just knew I needed and appreciate the support. You two mean the world to me. You are always there..no questions asked. There are no words….just love for you both.
5. Kim, Charlie, Derek: Thank you so much for taking the trip out to Riverside to support me. It really means the world to me that you took the time. You are my family!! I can’t express how much you mean to me, and how much I need you in my life. I also want to thank you for having a surprise birthday party for me. It was perfect and exactly what I wanted…a small group of the people I love. And thank you for all the laughs….and boy do we laugh when we are together. You just get me and I can be myself around you all. Love you with all my heart!! Oh and you better not piss me off or I will go all “Karen” on your asses! Hehehehe! (For everyone else…it’s an inside joke)
6. Nina: Thank you so much for coming out to Riverside to support me on my birthday!!! And thank you to your niece Alexa for coming with you. I will never forget it!! And thank you for celebrating with me at the surprise party. We always have a blast together. I am looking forward to many more fun times. You are a dear friend. Love you lots!!
7. Elizabeth: Where do I start??? You are the reason the OC Spiritualist exists. You are the creator. You believe in me and my gift. I would of never had a website unless you persuaded me. We met half way…You wanted me to blog about my experiences and I wanted to stay anonymous. When I decided to tell everyone who I was, you were one of the first people I went to. Your support means the world to me. I am truly blessed to call you my friend. Thank you so much for coming to my reveal in Riverside and bringing your lovely mother Nancy. I will never forget it!! Love you dearly my friend. Oh and we still need to reschedule our girls night!
8. Martin & Mickey: Thank you so much for coming out to Riverside and supporting me. It was a total surprise and so appreciated! I know my parents really appreciate that you took the time to come and that you believe in my gift. You are truly dear friends.
9. Jay & Marie Yates: Thank you for welcoming me with open arms. I respect both of you so much for your commitment to help people and your dedication to solve mysteries when it comes to the paranormal. I look forward to working with you in the future and like I told Marie….I am a sponge who can’t wait to soak it all in. Lots of love and hugs to you both!!
Now for the people in my life that mean everything to me. My hubby Alex, and my sons Kyle and Alex. First, my sons. You don’t know how much it means to me that you came to Riverside for my reveal. You two have had to live with a mom who sees and talks to spirits, and you have always been supportive. Maybe you thought I was crazy for awhile, but always supportive. I am going to let the world onto a little secret: My boys are sensitives too. They don’t want anything to do with their abilities, but sometimes things just happen that they can’t deny. My dream would be to have our own show on TV. Mom & Sons Paranormal. A Family helping other families.
I also, want to thank the boy’s girlfriends, Jesica and Carissa for coming with my sons to Riverside to support me. I know it probably isn’t easy to digest that your boyfriends mom talks to spirits, but you two have been wonderful. Jesica, you are about to give birth to my grandchild and I can’t tell you what a blessing that is. Who knows???? Maybe Maverick will have my gifts?
Now for the biggest, hugest, ginormous, thank you of them all….My hubby, Alex. Man, the stuff you have to deal with….you are amazing. I know it is not always easy being with me, but you always handle it with respect and love. I need to explain to people so they get it…Alex and I could be out to dinner, having a wonderful evening, and then out of no where, there is a spirit up in my business. Alex can tell by my body language and the look on my face that I am not alone. Then he will calmly ask me questions to try and help or decide if we need to leave. After years of these situations, he gets it, and he takes care of me. And….he still wants to be with me. That is a lot for someone to take on. The example I gave is just a minor thing, sometimes things happen that scare us both. But…he stays and gets me through it.
When I decided that I did not want to stay anonymous anymore, Alex was the one who guided me to do what was in my heart. When you make a decision like this, it effects everyone around you. I had to make sure he was going to be ok with people at his work knowing and at our country club, or all of our family members. He didn’t care about any of that, he just wanted me to be true to myself.
So, THANK YOU MY HUSBAND AND BEST FRIEND!!! You are my rock! You are my world!!! And I love you more than words can express!!
Ok…enough of the mushy stuff! I have a lot of things coming up in the new year. I am also thinking about doing a pod cast, but need some guidance to start that. I was told by a young woman that her peers don’t like or have time to read, so they listen or watch pod casts and U-Tube. Advice taken!
I will be back with more adventures and messages from spirits after the new year. I sill have a few stories that I have held onto, but I can’t wait to share all my new ones.
Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Holidays! And have a very Happy New Year!!!
Oh Yeah…forgot to mention, my booth was across from Linda Blairs. Such a nice person and her dedication to saving dogs is so admirable. Look up her foundation and how you can help. My cousin Jen adopted a dog from Linda, and Rousy has been a wonderful addition to her family.